Alligators and the Kingdom of God

Reggie Kidd, New Testament professor at RTS recently wrote a very funny piece on his experience on a gator hunt. I hope you will read the post, mainly so that you will read other things that Reggie has written. Besides teaching New Testament, Reggie is one of the foremost thinkers in the area of worship. Not only does Reggie think and write about worship, but he leads worship at Orangewood Presbyterian Church, the church which started UPC.
My favorite line in his post is where he paraphrases Isaiah 11:6 as "the gator will lie down with the puppy." I alread told Reggie that I plan to steal that line. It turns out that he stole it from his wife.
Speaking of the kingdom of God (how is that for a segue?), you have to listen to Richard Pratt's talk on "Heaven is not Your Home", on our website. Even better, listen to all five (scroll down to the "other sermons" section) of his messages on this topic. They will change the way you look at your job, your life--everything.
Of course, Richard stole (a lot of stealing goes on in the name of ministry!) all his material from my series on Thy Kingdom Come (I preached my series in 2000, which means he must have stolen it all from me!). But, he is the famous professor and I am just a lowly pastor. Seriously, Richard says what I wish I could say, if only I were that smart. So, listen to his series. It really is powerful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home