Tiger and Greatness

Let me state the obvious. Tiger is amazing. I didn’t get a chance to watch the PGA Championship, but I am still amazed at Tiger’s ability to lap the rest of the field. Tiger doesn’t just win. He crushes the opposition. Several of the other golfers said things like, “You really have to be on top of your game to keep up with Tiger.” Wrong. You have to be on top of your game AND Tiger has to choke. By the way, Tiger doesn’t choke.
Some think it is bad for golf for Tiger to dominate so thoroughly. For me, it makes it more interesting. I love watching history in the making. I have only read about Bobby Jones, but I have seen Tiger play in person and on TV. Unless Tiger suffers an injury, he will break every record in the book.
Speaking of sports, recently, I have started keeping up with professional tennis. Pundits tell us that professional tennis is all but dead in the
What is so remarkable about these tennis players is not only the power they have on every shot, but the skill, finesse, speed, and sheer endurance of these athletes. Long matches can be a test of endurance as much as they are a test of skill.
From my feeble attempts at both of those sports, I have a great appreciation for those who do it so well. There is something glorious about watching a master at work. It is a thing of beauty to watch Tiger hit an approach shot or Federer hit a forehand, just as it was to see
Labels: Sports

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home