Certain Hope

Ramblings and Writings of Mark Bates, Senior Pastor of University Presbyterian Church, Orlando.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Moving Experience


This is my last entry on this blog. I have started a new blog, A View from 6000 Feet. I figured that, with a new ministry, I needed a new blog. For those of you who may not know, I recently accepted a call to serve as Senior Pastor of Village Seven Presbyterian Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado.


It was very hard to leave Orlando. Tricia and I were in Orlando for 20 of our 21 years of marriage. Sixteen of those years were at our beloved UPC. Orlando and UPC is all our children have ever known. After 20 years, our roots were pretty deep. Uprooting is painful.


On our last Sunday night in Orlando, UPC gave us a party. It was bittersweet. We laugh and cried ourselves to the point of utter exhaustion. We were overwhelmed by all the expressions of love from the UPC family.
While I miss UPC, I know I am where God wants me to be. The people of Village Seven have gone out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home. That, too, has been overwhelming.
So, we are embarking on a new chapter of life and ministry with great anticipation about what God will do in us, through us, and even in spite of us. I certainly would appreciate your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Finnell said...

YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

Jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. What did He mean by that statement?

John 3:1-3......3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly , I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."(NKJV)

Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to be born the first time in order to enter the kingdom of God. He said you must be born again!

Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to exist in order to enter the kingdom of God. Every person alive, exists, how could that be a requirement to enter the kingdom of God? Jesus said he had to be born again.

Being born of water (amniotic fluid) by natural birth is being born the first time, it is not being born again.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

Jesus said you must born of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God. Remember in John 3:3 Jesus said "You must be born again." Water can mean nothing but water baptism (immersion). Water and the Spirit are both qualifications in order to be born again.

John 3:5 Jesus answered: I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. (Contemporary English Version)

John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

John 3:5 Jesus said, 'I tell you the truth. This new birth is by waterand by the Spirit. No person can enter God's kingdom if he has not been born that way. (Worldwide English New Testament)

WATER BAPTISM IS A REQUIREMENT TO BE BORN AGAIN.

(SEE: Acts 2:38, WATER BAPTISM AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN! )


YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home