Certain Hope

Ramblings and Writings of Mark Bates, Senior Pastor of University Presbyterian Church, Orlando.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Florida in February

It is February and my azaleas are in full bloom. They started blooming two weeks ago. Is that supposed to happen? It must be global warming.

I bet my friends in the north could use a bit of global warming right now. I hate to rub it in, but, while you all are working up a sweat under your down parkas shovelling snow, I have been working up a sweat going on bike rides and playing tennis. Florida is beautiful this time of year. Of course, I couldn't write this in August.
If you go to the Capital building in Washington DC, you will see that every state has two statues of people there to represent their state. One of the statues from Florida is of Dr. John Gorrie. He invented artificial refrigeration. If you have ever been to Florida in July or August, then you know why Dr. Gorrie is our hero. This place would be unihabitable without air conditioning. Even now, the AC is running in our offices and it is February.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home