Random Thoughts
It has been a while since I have written anything. Life has been a little busy, but it is good. Here are some random thoughts:
On UPC... We had a great Session retreat (the Session is the governing body of the church). I am blessed to work with a wonderful group of elders. Money is tight. Staff is stretched. So, these guys are really stepping up to the plate and leading.
I recently have had an inside look at some of the problems other churches face. That has only served to make me more grateful for UPC--our staff, congregation, elders and deacons, the unity of the body and the commitment to the mission.
On sports . . . Will Tiger or Federer ever lose again? I heard Frank Deford say on NPR that these are two of the greatest athletes of all time. The difference between Tiger and the #2 golfer in the world is greater than the difference between #2 and and #50. The same is true of Roger. No one else is in their league.
On the Super Bowl . . . I wrote earlier about Tony Dungy and the Soveriegnty of God. The more I hear about him, the more impressed I become. In the Orlando Sentinel, columnist Mike Bianchi wrote a wonderful article about the authenticity of Dungy's faith. That is what gospel living looks like.
What do parenting and prayer have in common? 1) Both are harder than they look. 2) Both are more rewarding than you would think. 3) If you are parenting, you better be praying.
On UPC... We had a great Session retreat (the Session is the governing body of the church). I am blessed to work with a wonderful group of elders. Money is tight. Staff is stretched. So, these guys are really stepping up to the plate and leading.
I recently have had an inside look at some of the problems other churches face. That has only served to make me more grateful for UPC--our staff, congregation, elders and deacons, the unity of the body and the commitment to the mission.On sports . . . Will Tiger or Federer ever lose again? I heard Frank Deford say on NPR that these are two of the greatest athletes of all time. The difference between Tiger and the #2 golfer in the world is greater than the difference between #2 and and #50. The same is true of Roger. No one else is in their league.
On the Super Bowl . . . I wrote earlier about Tony Dungy and the Soveriegnty of God. The more I hear about him, the more impressed I become. In the Orlando Sentinel, columnist Mike Bianchi wrote a wonderful article about the authenticity of Dungy's faith. That is what gospel living looks like.What do parenting and prayer have in common? 1) Both are harder than they look. 2) Both are more rewarding than you would think. 3) If you are parenting, you better be praying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home