Certain Hope

Ramblings and Writings of Mark Bates, Senior Pastor of University Presbyterian Church, Orlando.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One Service

This past Sunday, we began our summer schedule, which included having only one worship service. At UPC, our attendance is fairly even at our two worship services. So, it was a big sacrifice for those who normally come at 9 AM to join the others at 10:30 AM. However, I think all would agree that it was well worth it. I love having everyone in the same service. Everything about it was better--people came early to eat doughnuts and talk. People stayed later than normal hanging after church. The singing was louder. The responsive readings had more passion. The band absolutely rocked. It was a great time. The packed room brought back some great memories. In September, we plan to go back to two services in order to accommodate our attendance, but I will go back with great reluctance.

By the way, someone asked who ate the most Krispy Kremes. I wasn't around, but I heard that several people shouted in unison, "Mark Bates." You all know me well. However, this may be hard to believe, but I didn't eat any. I was too busy enjoying talking to everyone. Don't worry, I will get some this week. So, if you like Krispy Kremes, then you might want to get there before I do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home